Why you need an accountability partner to grow your business
One of the biggest reasons our business goals and aspirations don’t stick is because we don’t hold ourselves accountable. The realization of the work involved in creating the business of our dreams can get overwhelming and instead of taking a step towards that goal, we take a step back and let the negative thoughts take over forcing ourselves into the same holding pattern. This is why you need an accountability partner to grow your business.
Whether you’re looking to grow your online business or lose a few pounds, in the age of social media it’s easier than ever to put yourself out there and let everyone in your circle know what your plans are. Having one person or a group of people with similar goals helps you and them when the going gets tough.
What can an accountability partner do for me?
1. When choosing an accountability partner, inform them of exactly why you’re making this change and how you want them to help you. You want someone you respect that will challenge you to hold yourself to a higher standard. Let them know you want them to check in on your progress, but that you’re also holding yourself responsible for your actions. Being personally responsible is just as important as having someone invest in you.
2. Once you’ve found someone or a group, discussing your plans helps work out possible obstacles in the future and having a different perspective can even identify kinks you may not have thought about. You want a partner in this that will push you out of your comfort zone and won’t let you get off course. And if you do get off course, they’ll be right there to push you forward.
3. An accountability partner is also great motivation. They should be your biggest cheerleader, but having someone working towards the same goals can result in friendly competitions and sometimes it’s just the incentive you need to push that much harder, or faster. It also keeps you engaged.
4. Being a part of a group of like-minded individuals can boost your self-esteem and help keep you on track. This is where the Wellness Cooking Academy Student Support Group and Mastermind comes into play. Our monthly mastermind and active Facebook group makes it easier for you to stick to your goals. Think of us as your accountability partner. If you’re not already a student, check out all how you can enroll and get started.
5. Another plus side of an accountability partner is realizing you’re not alone. You have someone to vent your frustrations to, someone to celebrate your successes with and someone who is looking for the same in you. Being an accountability buddy is a big responsibility, just like you don’t want to be let down, you don’t want to let your partner down either. If you make a plan to grow your health coach practice or start teaching healthy cooking classes, put it out there so that your group can support and cheer you on. Feeling stuck? Ask a the question, someone else might be in the same boat as you. Can’t wait to see you there!