Black Bean Brownies
These Black Bean Brownies are one of my favorite go to deserts!
So healthy you can actually eat them anytime and not feel guilty.
1-1/2 cups carob semisweet chips or dark chocolate 70% cacoa
2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2/3 cup agave nectar or 1-1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
chopped walnuts (optional)
shredded coconut (optional)
1. Place carob chips in a heat-resistant bowl on top of a boiling pot of water until melted.
2. In blender or food processor, combine beans and eggs.
3. Add sweetener, baking powder and melted chips, process until smooth.
4. Pour batter into an approximately 9-inch nonstick pan or into cupcake papers
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes for pan, 18 mins. for regular size cupcakes or 12 mins. for minis
6. Top with walnuts and coconut, and sprinkle with a few extra chips if desired
7. Allow to cool cut and serve.
These are surprisingly delicious, and nobody will be able to guess that they are made from beans!