When you have picky eaters at home, it can be difficult to decide on a recipe that everyone loves! That’s why these “choose your own adventure” vegan muffins are perfect. Start with a simple, proven base recipe, and let the kids (and the adults) throw in whatever ingredients they like! Fruit, chocolate chips, nuts – it all works to make for a moist, light muffin that all the people in your family will enjoy.
The Vegan Muffin Base:
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup hazelnut flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Choose a couple or more of these to throw in! Or, add your own chosen ingredients. Just about anything will work!
- Chopped pecans
- Coconut flakes
- Mini dark chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Fresh blueberries or strawberries
- Chopped, dried fruit
- Slivered almonds
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add melted coconut oil, vanilla, almond milk, and pumpkin puree and stir into dry ingredients.
- Mix in your custom items (or divide into separate “mini batches” for each person!)
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until done.
- Let cool before eating.
What mix-ins did you add to your muffins? We’d love to hear about them in the comments below!
Contributed by: Jenny Eden Berk, MSEd
Title: Certified Eating Psychology Coach
Business: Jenny Eden Coaching