Do you have a happy place? Do you take time to recharge?
Everyone needs to recharge their batteries. We do not have a never ending supply of energy. If you don’t rest, sleep and take mental down time you will burn out. No amount of coffee is going to keep you productive. Your mind will dull and you will crash and burn. I consider this to be a success blocker.
Top 3 Success Blockers
1. Busy Work. There was a day when I was working all the time but not getting anywhere. My busy work phase was in large part due to the fact that I had no idea which task was going to bring me results.
I was seeing all my tasks as equally important, and I had to get them all done.
You must choose your top priorities. Which tasks will bring you money? This has to be your top priority. Without making money you can’t stay in business.
Examine your networking, is it really getting you the results you want? If you want to be known in your area as a healthy eating specialist, network in person. If you are promoting an online program, skip the local networking and spend more time on social media platforms.
I used to network a couple of times per week, and although I met some amazing people, it didn’t do anything for my business. But, adding key words to my website has gotten me tons of business. Time is valuable, don’t waste it.
Schedule blocks of time to get your important tasks done. Work in 90 minute segments and do not allow interruptions. Remember Parkinsons Law, the job will stretch to the time you give it, stay focused on the task until complete.
Watch out for procrastination, ask yourself why you are procrastinating. Is it because you don’t know how to do it, it’s overwhelming, or you are feeling uninspired? Ask for help, break it down into sizeable tasks and create chunks of time.
2. Self Doubt. Nothing will kill your business more than blending in and playing small. You are unique for a reason, don’t be afraid to show it. I remember when I was first starting out I used to look at what other health coaches were doing to make sure I was doing it right.
You have a vision, follow it, don’t be afraid to pave the way to your greatness.
Tell your story and create it into a brand that people are inspired by. You can’t connect with everyone but you will connect with those who share a similar story. Don’t be afraid to tell it and be yourself.
3. Lack of follow-though. How many times have you had a great idea only to later see someone else do it? Why them and not you? They followed through!
Stay consistent, dreams don’t become reality by dreaming. The magic happens when a consistent process of dedicated action is applied to the things that matter most in your life. And make no mistake. Massive hard work is required.
When you get committed on such a level, the sky is literally the limit. That is what has turned the impossible into the possible and is what makes the difference between a LEGENDARY life and an ordinary one.We have a lot more power than we often give ourselves credit for. All we have to do is want it badly enough. That part is up to you.Here’s to doing what actually matters – to you and to the world.
I know that when you surround yourself with greatness you become greater. That is why I have put together a program of powerful tools and some real powerhouse instructors.
Everyone needs a strategic plan and support to give them the confidence to go out and work their dream.
Feel free to share with me your comments. I look forward to hearing from you.
How you lay out your calendar will determine your success. Whether you have read the book “The 12 Week Year” or not you can be assured that you must be thinking ahead.
You don’t have to go as crazy as the department stores and start putting out Christmas decorations on Valentine’s Day but you do have to map out a plan.
When I was the Lifestyle Center Specialist, which is a fancy term for cooking instructor, at Whole Foods Market I always gave my upcoming months plan for classes to the marketing department on the 15th of the preceding month, that is a great habit to get into. For example by March 15th you title and schedule all of your April classes. You will get bonus points for doing May too!
This is an example of what your next 12 weeks (quarter) could look like after you get started with the Wellness Cooking Academy (WCA)…
- Place an ad in local paper and on Facebook inviting people who want to get in shape for summer or to get ready for that spring wedding, to call, email, or register with link for Spring Cleaning Cooking Class (you will sign them up for your detox/cleanse program) DFY provided from WCA
- Attend local health fairs, bridal shows, or other events where you can leave your flyers, or get your own demo booth (we will talk more about this in the course)
- Hit your goal for clients for the first time ever by converting participants from your detox class into paying clients
- Schedule Green’s and Cooking on a Budget classes DFY provided. You set your schedule the more classes you teach the more potential clients. Goal of one to eight classes per month.
- Get creative with Titles, use same material, “Spring Bounty of Vegetable for ________” or make up mocktails and call your class, “Wine and Dine” you want to title according to your niche.
- Mother’s Day class to treat yourself to a delicious fresh meal for vibrant health, so easy you will be able recreate on your own in record time.
- Book kids classes for the summer camps or if that’s not your thing, put the kids in camp and use our corporate Lunch & Learns packages (use proposals provided).
- Hold your summer classes and start booking for fall, getting the kids back to school, always think a couple months ahead with you’re planning.
Planning your business calendar
I think you get the point. These examples are just to jog your brain into laying out a plan. When you are a health coach or any wellnesspreneur there are so many ways to build a business that it can get confusing and overwhelming at times. It’s hard to know what to focus on first.
The Wellness Cooking Academy is not just a cooking school for that very reason. We teach how to use classes and food education to capatalize on your niche market. The classes are the perfect lead in to paying programs, if done correctly.
When you are looking at your calendar this month think about creating a rinse and repeat schedule. Maybe you teach on the same nights or days each week. This allows people to know what to expect. And as always keep it simple!
Any questions about the course or the new self study option leave a comment below and we are happy to answer any questions you may have.
When you have picky eaters at home, it can be difficult to decide on a recipe that everyone loves! That’s why these “choose your own adventure” vegan muffins are perfect. Start with a simple, proven base recipe, and let the kids (and the adults) throw in whatever ingredients they like! Fruit, chocolate chips, nuts – it all works to make for a moist, light muffin that all the people in your family will enjoy.
The Vegan Muffin Base:
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup hazelnut flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Choose a couple or more of these to throw in! Or, add your own chosen ingredients. Just about anything will work!
- Chopped pecans
- Coconut flakes
- Mini dark chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Fresh blueberries or strawberries
- Chopped, dried fruit
- Slivered almonds
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add melted coconut oil, vanilla, almond milk, and pumpkin puree and stir into dry ingredients.
- Mix in your custom items (or divide into separate “mini batches” for each person!)
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until done.
- Let cool before eating.
What mix-ins did you add to your muffins? We’d love to hear about them in the comments below!
Jenny Eden Berk
Contributed by: Jenny Eden Berk, MSEd
Title: Certified Eating Psychology Coach
Business: Jenny Eden Coaching
Smoothies are an excellent way to start your day. Nutritious, filling, and portable, they’re easy to grab and go on your way to work! Plus, you can easily prep and freeze the ingredients ahead to just throw into the blender when you wake up.
And this smoothie will make you feel great. It’s packed with antioxidant-rich foods, and it’s like a bolt of energy to get your day started the right way. Here is a little about some of the great ingredients in this green smoothie:
- Matcha powder – available at most health food stores or online. Made from high-quality tea, it’s a more potent source of nutrients than green tea, and is an excellent source of antioxidants and EGCG. Plus, it contains caffeine!
- Maqui – available at Whole Foods and similar stores. A Chilean purple berry that’s rich with anti-aging anthocyanins, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Chia seeds – available at your regular grocery store. These seeds contain a lot of fiber, protein, Omega-3 fats, and other good-for-you vitamins and minerals.
- 1 cup Almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Frozen Mango
- ¼ teaspoon Matcha green tea powder (a little goes a long way!)
- Big handful of fresh Spinach
- 1/2 of a frozen banana (halve bananas and keep them in the freezer to make smoothies easier!)
- 1 teaspoon of Maqui powder
- 2 tablespoons of chia or flax seeds
- Sweetener of choice (not necessary, but an option if you like your smoothies a little sweeter)
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend!
Of course, there are lots of ways you can customize this green smoothie to your own taste. Leave out the Matcha or Maqui powder if you don’t have those ingredients on hand. Add a sweetener like honey or agave nectar if you like your smoothies a little on the sweeter side. Or even mix up the fruit if you have something else in your freezer!
The important thing is that you’re starting your day with a great breakfast, full of anti-oxidants, and other great ingredients. Enjoy!
Jenny Eden Berk
Contributed by: Jenny Eden Berk, MSEd
Title: Certified Eating Psychology Coach
Business: Jenny Eden Coaching
One thing that I preach in my program regularly is to keep it simple. We all have enough complications that come our way, and we don’t want our businesses to be one of them!
The most important tasks to focus on to grow your business
I invite you to join me every Friday on my Facebook page
as I go live to discuss business tips and ways to use food education to grow your business. If you would like notifications when these free trainings take place, like the page and turn on the notifications. I look forward to seeing you there 🙂
Top 3 Tasks to Grow Your Business in 2017
1. SAY NO MORE
I hear from students that they don’t have time to commit to work right now. I get it; life is busy! But, baring an illness or death in the family, you may still have the same excuse next month or next year.
It really is a choice! I’m not trying to sound insensitive, but I’ve had to keep the flag raised during many a storm in life and didn’t falter. Was it hard? Absolutely! But I knew that I needed to do something for myself to get closer to where I wanted my life to be.
Even in the busiest times, you have to keep your eye on the goal.
Your kids and family will always need things from you. You’ll still have laundry, cooking, and cleaning to do. But when you want something, keep at it.
Sometimes I’m hard on myself. I feel sorry for myself or feel like I haven’t achieved all that I wanted to. But then I shake it off and get back to work!
It’s a good habit to look back on all that you’ve achieved rather than always looking forward to what you want to achieve. Give yourself a pat on the back sometimes! I’m sure you could write a pretty good “To Done” list to go alongside your “To Do” list. Try it sometime!
2. GET HELP & SET A SCHEDULE
This one is probably even tougher for you! There could be a million reasons why you don’t ask for help. Maybe it’s your budget, your pride, or that you don’t really know who to ask!
There really is help all around you and sometimes, accepting help is the best way to grow your business.
Look at someone who’s doing it a little better than you and ask them how they do it!
Maybe get a mentor, a trainer, or a done-for-you program. Don’t try to do everything from scratch! Get with like-minded people, accountability partners, and/or take a course that lays out a roadmap (hint, think Academy
). Set blocks of time for your work/goals. This helps set boundaries.
Repeat after me: “I can’t help or do that right now”
Whatever your goal is, set work hours, gym hours, healthy menus; let people know ahead of time if possible and then stick with it! Guilt will not get you any glory, and will certainly not help you grow your business.
Repeat after me: “I will be working from this time to that time; please do not disturb me unless the house is on fire.”
Your life is not meant to be one long fire drill, rushing from one need to another. Let someone else help you with the smoking embers; or sometimes you have to just let them burn themselves out! It can’t be all you when you’re trying to achieve something.
“No great person ever made history without having guilt thrown at them or suffering some backlash from those who didn’t like or appreciate their independence, discipline, or single-mindedness.” ~Brendon Burchard
3. HAVE A CLEAR CALL TO ACTION
Having a clear call to action and making good use of your time is imperative. Just because you have the ability to post on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. doesn’t mean that’s where you should be spending all of your time in order to grow your business.
You must have a strategy. You must have something clear and concise for people to sign up for. Usually done-for-you’s work because there are parameters. A beginning, a middle and an end = a solution.
You can learn more nutrition info, cooking tips, recipes, and social media tips, but unless it’s laid out in an orderly fashion, you will struggle. Sorry this is reality, said with love.
I am a huge fan of reading and learning, but sometimes we don’t need to learn more; we need to listen to our inner voice and then use a system to get the message out. If all your time is used learning and no time is used marketing, you’ll be eating wooden nickels.
May your hearts and homes be filled with joy and laughter. Wishing you many blessings.